*** WWW.GULL.US SYSTEM 1.0 ***
-+- HUMOR -+-
- Heavenly Nostrils by D.C. Simpson.
- xkcd - Hilarious for computer and math geeks; probably largely incomprehensible to everyone else.
- Little Dee - An absolutely adorable little strip by Chris Baldwin.
- Strawberry Pop-Tart Blow-Torches
- Fun With
Grapes - A Case Study.
- Physical properties of a Twinkie: An analysis.
Please note that if a piece is unattributed, it's simply because I don't
know who the original author was. If you know, please email me so I
can give credit where credit is due.
- The Jargon
Dictionary - Not really a humor link, but I find it a lot of
fun to browse.
- Ever wonder why we've never heard from aliens Out There? Here's why.
- Unix and C Hoaxes Revealed!
- In the beginning...
- The Brag of the Brainsucker - The more you remember from the 8-bit era, the funnier this is.
- One question geek test
- Internet nerd quiz - now more of a museum exhibit of early Internet life than an actual quiz.
- A Problem in the Making
- Vehicles to Cruise the Infobahn
- IBM service bulletin on mouse balls.
- The Programmer's Quick Guide to the Languages, or How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot.
- Microsoft vs. the Borg
- As a public service, here's a quick and easy flame form. Save it to disk for the next time you're reading Usenet!
- You know you're addicted to the Internet when...
- Top Ten
Signs That You're an Internet Geek.
- SCSI FAQ
- The Ten
Commandments for C programmers.
- The Nine
Types of Computer User.
Your Sysadmin - A Field Guide.
- An RFC for a new MIME extension.
- The life of a sysadmin.
- The Ten Usenet Commandments
- pshift (new UNIX utility)
- Vaxen, My Children, Just Don't Belong In
- McDonnell-Douglas warranty
- In my day...
- Nerd poetry, and some pretty unique
stuff at that.
- Some of the more amusing error messages I've gotten.
- Some proposed additions to the PDP-11 instruction set.
The Index of Cruftidity - Verity Stob's scale of computer decay.
- Become an instant Web 2.0 developer - Verity Stob explains the different web versions.
- In the beginning, there was the flowchart... - Verity Stob on software diagramming.
The Dreaded "Miscellaneous:"
- Public service message from the Coalition to Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide.
- Unpacking instructions
- Memo on Special High-Intensity Training.
- Call for More Scientific Truth in Product Warning Labels
- If you're driving at the speed of light and you...
- You MAY be a Michigander if...
- Standard rail gauge, or How Mil Specs Live Forever.
- A handy list of tools you might find in the average car nut's garage.
- From Actual Military "Squawk Sheets"
- Be careful inviting engineers to
- The Top 10 Things
Engineering School Didn't Teach.
- In the beginning, there was The
- The 5 Stages of Drunkenness.
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design.
Really Big Button That Doesn't Do Anything.
- The Tamagothi Homepage
- Bob Sokol teaches you how to build a
- The Brunching
Shuttlecocks - A web comic (in the new section) and lots of hilarious ratings of random things (in the old section.)
Don't have time to read it all? Check out these ultra-condensed
- Need a zero-volume bottle? Searching for a one-sided surface?
Want the ultimate in non-orientability? Get an
ACME Klein Bottle!
- Joseph Nebus's MiSTings - fanfics, USENET posts, and other Internet detrius given the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment.
- Return to the main menu